The tenth annual celebration of A Lawrence Christmas will take place on Saturday, November 28th at a new location: Lawrence Civic Plaza, 5710 Lawrence Village Parkway.
This year, the Christmas parade begins at the government center on 59th Street & Post Road at 5pm. A variety of city vehicles and Christmas Jeeps will accompany floats to the parade’s final destination of Lawrence Civic Plaza where the festival will take place.
Lawrence Civic Plaza will also be home to our very own ice skating rink this winter! The 60 x 80 foot rink is made from a special material that recreates the glide of natural ice. Rental skates will be available on site along with a hot chocolate hut.
The festival events include:
• Ice skating (Adults $10, Children 12 & under $2)
• Emcee by Fox 59’s Brian Wilkes
• High School Choruses from Lawrence North & Lawrence Central
• Drum Corps & Dance Team
• Christmas Music from 4:30 – 5:30pm with DJ Captain Tracy Cantrell
• Christmas Tree Lighting at 6:30 pm
• Treat Bags for children under 12!